We already know that time is important, we are aware that we should manage our activities in the time that we have been given, and we also know that growth is important. The reality is, growth is imperative to our success. It’s been said that we are growth seeking organisms, therefore we should always be seeking to improve ourselves. What got you to where you are, isn’t going to get you where you want to go. Growth is one of the very important keys to achievement, and conversely, to failure.
There is always ample time for us to learn and grow. It has to become a priority if we are serious about seeing and experiencing the results that we know we want.
There are always numerous excuses. I hear all types of groundless explanations, I’ll share a few of the popular ones with you.
- I don’t know how.
- You’re too expensive. (Do want to try the cheapest coach?)
- I don’t know if it’s right for me.
- It’s too much money.
- I don’t know what my wife/husband will say.
- I just don’t know.
- What if it doesn’t work for me, I’m different from everybody else.
- I can’t afford it.
- What if I become successful, how do I deal with all of the business/money?
- Are you asking me to commit to something specific?
- I have a coach.
- I had a coach, it didn’t work.
- I don’t think other people can help me.
- I don’t have the time.
- It’s so much work.
- What’s in it for me? (listening to the radio station WIIFM)
None of the foregoing (or any other) excuses will deliver the results you want, seek and deserve… Period!
In order to truly succeed, you will need to take risks, do things that you normally wouldn’t think of doing. You will need to “jump off the building and grow wings on the way down.” Spend the time, exert the energy and invest money into you, your business/career and your relationships. Get outside of the comfort zone, kick through the box and take the steps that will take you in the direction of your goals and objectives.
Here is a detailed list of what you should always be doing and engaged in.
- Retain and always be collaborating with a great results oriented coach.
- Be involved with a directed mastermind group.
- Read voraciously. (books that educate, inspire and motivate)
- Be open to new ideas.
- Have accountability partners.
- Live BIG in all areas of your life.
- Attend seminars and events (as many as you can) that impart information, inspiration and motivation.
- Associate with like-minded people.
Make the time, prioritize your activities and your days to ensure that you are leveraging your time in a way that ensures and promotes your growth, education and knowledge. This will in turn result in achievement of your goals.
By the way, if you’re all about ROI (return on investment), keep the following in mind. Your results will always be dependant on your input. That said, when implemented properly your output (ROI) will always be greater than your input.